For many strawberry turns out to be their favorite fruit. It is always fun to eat them or even drink them as delicious and mild flavored strawberry smoothies! However, these smoothies are healthy too. They are low in calorie, low in fat, and contain fiber. To judge the health benefits of strawberry smoothies it is needed that we should know the nutritional values or health benefits of strawberries.
Strawberry and nutritional values
- Strawberries contain good amount of vitamin C, manganese and antioxidants.
- They also act as good natural sources of vitamin B5, potassium, riboflavin, folate, vitamin K, vitamin B6, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acid and copper.
- The nutrients present in these strawberries will help you stay away from diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- They also come with anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Strawberries help you prevent vision problems that are age related.
You will get all the above benefits of strawberries when you consume them as smoothies too. Moreover, you can add more nutritional values to these fruits by adding other valuable fruits, products like soy milk, low-fat milk, nuts, etc.
Controlling sugar with strawberry smoothies
Strawberries tend to be sweet naturally, and in one cup of sliced fruit, you would find approximately 8 gms of sugar, which is a lot! If you wish, you could also add a bit of ripe berries, and that sweetness will be more than enough to make your strawberry smoothies taste good.
It is always preferred and advised not to add much of added sugar to avoid obesity and to prevent other diseases such as cancer and high blood pressure. Just in case you feel that the berries are not sufficient enough to make your strawberry smoothies taste sweet, then you could do a good job by adding half of a ripe banana. This will help in adding around fifty calories and 7 gms of natural sugar to your drink.